MB Madaera
Lost 31.7 lbs fat
Built 11.7 lbs muscle


Chris Madaera
Built 9 lbs muscle


Keelan Parham
Lost 30 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle


Bob Marchesello
Lost 23.55 lbs fat
Built 8.55 lbs muscle


Jeff Turner
Lost 25.5 lbs fat


Jeanenne Darden
Lost 26 lbs fat
Built 3 lbs muscle


Ted Tucker
Lost 41 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle

 
 

Determine the Length of Your Workouts

Evaluate Your Progress

Keep Warm-Up in Perspective


ARCHIVES >>

"Doing more exercise with less intensity,"
Arthur Jones believes, "has all but
destroyed the actual great value
of weight training. Something
must be done . . . and quickly."
The New Bodybuilding for
Old-School Results supplies
MUCH of that "something."

 

This is one of 93 photos of Andy McCutcheon that are used in The New High-Intensity Training to illustrate the recommended exercises.

To find out more about McCutcheon and his training, click here.

 

Mission Statement

H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy

Privacy Policy

Credits

LOG IN FORUM MAIN REGISTER SEARCH
Why The Negativity
Author
Rating
Options

bobbyandtara

Florida, USA

Everytime I post a comment here it seems that the answers or thoughts are the same. You have to train this way and you can't make it without drugs.

When someone is making a suggestion, or a thought, or has a question, most of the answers are the same. Drugs, Drugs, Drugs. Yes in order to be a pro you have to take drugs, obviously. You can however train hard, eat right and get huge without drugs. We may never get to the level of a proo bb, but we can still see tremendous results.

Note: A bb without hard work and proper diet could never be a pro if all he did was drugs and didn't work hard or eat right.

I posted a comment about three different types of workout styles and my replies were- you can't do the same routine as a pro or you have to be on drugs to copy their routines.

What if some of us here aspire to be pros, and can't we assume when someone posts a comment that he/she is doing fine with or without drugs unless otherwise stated.

I plan to compete within a year and when I ask a question or post a comment it would be nice to get a reply that doesn't say drugs, drugs, drugs. I know there is alot of knowledge here, but let's try to be positive and give good advice instead of posting so much negativety.
Open User Options Menu

ZEZ

genetics, genetics, genetics
Point is many people can train hard and eat right but still wouldn't be caught dead on stage. You need one or the other. And today sadly, "the majority" need both.
Open User Options Menu

HamsFitness

Why the negativity...I blame drugs and genetics myself
Open User Options Menu

tony12356

Massachusetts, USA

Your right THANK YOU for pointing that out I feel the same way they say want to slim done DRUGS bulk up DRUGS ass hurts DRUGS ETC
Open User Options Menu

kurtvf

I agree with the original post. When someone makes great gains on HVT it's because of drugs. When someone doesn't make good gains on HIT it's because of genetics.

When I was 17-22 years of age I went from 141 lbs. to 191 lbs of solid muscle in 4 1/3 years using HVT, and I have never even seen a steroid.

I probably would have been better off with HIT but didn't know better. I still gained an average of 12.5 lbs. of muscle each year while grossly overtraining. I must be a genetic freak!
Open User Options Menu

kevindill

Maryland, USA

kurtvf wrote:
I agree with the original post. When someone makes great gains on HVT it's because of drugs. When someone doesn't make good gains on HIT it's because of genetics.

When I was 17-22 years of age I went from 141 lbs. to 191 lbs of solid muscle in 4 1/3 years using HVT, and I have never even seen a steroid.

I probably would have been better off with HIT but didn't know better. I still gained an average of 12.5 lbs. of muscle each year while grossly overtraining. I must be a genetic freak!


Well, I would hazzard a guess that during that time frame you would have added a fair amount of muscle anyway due to the maturation process.

Overload, Recovery, Progression, in regards to training, the rest is just details. Properly executed, both HIT and HVT work.

Some will make more progress on one than the other, mostly due to liking one over the other. Their are a fair number of cranks on the internet who just like being nasty, and this board like most, has its share.

By and large its been my observation over a couple of decades of training, that most people fail to reach thier goals because they fail to match their nutrition plan to thier training plan. I've noted here and elswhere that the heavier I lifted, and the more I ate, the better my genetics got. Funny thing that.

Regards,
Kevin

Open User Options Menu

AShortt

Ontario, CAN

You don't need drugs of genetics to bodybuild. Many lower level competitors are just average folk who work hard and carefully at honing their physique. Join TeamHITOnline.com and have a go at it. Even if it is just against yourself at home for once or twice a year spot checks it can be a positive influence on your general health and well being.

Out the fancy pictures down and put aside the glossy magazines for a bit and enjoy dedicated self-improvement. HIT is very well suited to non-gifted natural B.B.er's

Regards,
Andrew
Open User Options Menu

kurtvf

I doubt maturation would add much muscle mass to a skinny 17 year old but it might account for a small fraction of my 50 lb gain which I attribute mostly to my training and diet habits.

By HIT standards I was "overtraining" by training 8 hours per week. Maybe it wasn't optimal but looking back I made some pretty good gains.

I think the human body is pretty good at adaption to certain stresses no matter if it is 8 sets 2 times per week or 50 sets 4 times per week or 100 sets six times per week.

Your point is well taken that the more you lifted and eat, the better your genetics got.

Most people don't reach their goals because they QUIT before they realize their true potential.
Open User Options Menu

smanjh

I agree with the original poster. There seems to be this belief that no matter what the effort a genetically typical trainee makes, they will never reach a point where they can stand next to a pro and look like they belong. Well it is true, but there is another side to it.

The whole point of working out is to better yourself, and compare yourself only to yourself. I could care less what other people look like, as the only thing I can do is better the way I look. If I compare myself to to other people, I would go insane. You can neveer match what you think is always better.

Instead, I only concentrate on one year intervals, where I beat myself into being better than I was. There is nothing I can do about the hand I was dealt. Drugs are useless for someone with average genetics anyway, as you can not put jet fuel in a pinto and expect it to perform like a jet. A juiced up you is only a bigger you, and nothing else. Ronnie Coleman would look better than 90% of the people without any drugs.
Open User Options Menu

saseme

AShortt wrote:
Join TeamHITOnline.com and have a go at it.


From the membership it looks more like teamzoneonline than anything. I just copyrighted that by the way so don't try and use it. Chuckles.
Open User Options Menu

AShortt

Ontario, CAN

saseme wrote:
AShortt wrote:
Join TeamHITOnline.com and have a go at it.

From the membership it looks more like teamzoneonline than anything. I just copyrighted that by the way so don't try and use it. Chuckles.


I am as happy as anyone that your mom gave you back computer privileges but lets try to keep it to a dull roar shall we ;^)

No disputing that JReps makes bodybuilders out of HITters though! It is my sincere belief that HITters really sell themselves short as far as the notion of bodybuilding is concerned.

I hate to see H.I.T. as relegated to being just another quirky Fitness program.

Regards,
Andrew
Open User Options Menu

saseme

AShortt wrote:
saseme wrote:
AShortt wrote:
Join TeamHITOnline.com and have a go at it.

From the membership it looks more like teamzoneonline than anything. I just copyrighted that by the way so don't try and use it. Chuckles.


I am as happy as anyone that your mom gave you back computer privileges but lets try to keep it to a dull roar shall we ;^)

No disputing that JReps makes bodybuilders out of HITters though! It is my sincere belief that HITters really sell themselves short as far as the notion of bodybuilding is concerned.

I hate to see H.I.T. as relegated to being just another quirky Fitness program.

Regards,
Andrew


There's plenty of disputing JReps and bodybuilding, disputing till the cows come in.
Open User Options Menu

simon-hecubus

Texas, USA

smanjh wrote:
The whole point of working out is to better yourself, and compare yourself only to yourself. I could care less what other people look like, as the only thing I can do is better the way I look. If I compare myself to to other people, I would go insane. You can neveer match what you think is always better....


You've hit right on the point. Your genetics may be a reason you can never reach a certain point, but too many use the G word as an excuse or crutch.

On the other hand, you must keep your expectations realistic. If you say "I'm gonna be in the Olympia some day" and all the men in your family are built like Napoleon Dynamite, then you are living in a deluded fantasy world.

If you say "I wanna be better than before", then EVERYONE will clap you on the back and wish you the best. Just don't get your feelings hurt when we fail throw you a big pep rally for any Olympian aspirations. They're simply unrealistic and unhealthy and any true friend will tell you so.

Scott
Open User Options Menu

smanjh

Yeah, people can look really good when they develop themselves to their potential. It is very rare that a person gets to be their biggest and strongest and does not look pretty good. Maybe not Casey Viator good, but still very good none the less.
Open User Options Menu
H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy