MB Madaera
Lost 31.7 lbs fat
Built 11.7 lbs muscle


Chris Madaera
Built 9 lbs muscle


Keelan Parham
Lost 30 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle


Bob Marchesello
Lost 23.55 lbs fat
Built 8.55 lbs muscle


Jeff Turner
Lost 25.5 lbs fat


Jeanenne Darden
Lost 26 lbs fat
Built 3 lbs muscle


Ted Tucker
Lost 41 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle

 
 

Determine the Length of Your Workouts

Evaluate Your Progress

Keep Warm-Up in Perspective


ARCHIVES >>

"Doing more exercise with less intensity,"
Arthur Jones believes, "has all but
destroyed the actual great value
of weight training. Something
must be done . . . and quickly."
The New Bodybuilding for
Old-School Results supplies
MUCH of that "something."

 

This is one of 93 photos of Andy McCutcheon that are used in The New High-Intensity Training to illustrate the recommended exercises.

To find out more about McCutcheon and his training, click here.

 

Mission Statement

H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy

Privacy Policy

Credits

LOG IN FORUM MAIN REGISTER SEARCH
60/60 Chin
Author
Rating
Options

Ciccio

Might be interesting for some:

http://kidgas.blogspot.com/...nks-by-vee.html

And no, I didn't turn black and lost hairs ;-)

Franco
Open User Options Menu

Ellington Darden

I've seen Vee train several times. That's a terrific effort in the 60/60 chin . . . and I'm pretty sure he weighs more than 200 pounds.

Ellington
Open User Options Menu

Ciccio

Ellington Darden wrote:
I've seen Vee train several times. That's a terrific effort in the 60/60 chin . . . and I'm pretty sure he weighs more than 200 pounds.

Ellington


I was thinking the same. As well his form is as smooth as humanly possible!

Franco

Open User Options Menu

goya

You can hear him breathe very hard and see his whole upper body flexed. Who says low reps are not intense?
Open User Options Menu

marcrph

Portugal

Franco,

That's a BAD boy!

Marc
Open User Options Menu

ZEZ

Anyone who can do a 60/60 chin is impressive. I work out alone and 40/40 is tuff. Maybe with someone pushing me I can get up to 45 to 50. But 60/60? Wow! Maybe it's time to get down from 210 pounds!
Open User Options Menu

Ciccio

ZEZ wrote:
Anyone who can do a 60/60 chin is impressive. I work out alone and 40/40 is tuff. Maybe with someone pushing me I can get up to 45 to 50. But 60/60? Wow! Maybe it's time to get down from 210 pounds!


I did something like 50/45 in the past with 210 pounds BW (I'm 6'4").
But also did 35/35 with added 15 pounds.
I liked it better that way for myself. TUL's of more then 80 seconds are too long for most of my upper body muscles.
I also think my form was less smooth (some stop and go on the conccentric for sure).
Whatever, this video is one of the best, if not THE best, demonstration of Dardenesque HIT I've seen on video.
Ellington, if you ever get motivated to do a instructional workout-video of your HIT, hire this guy!

At least it got me motivated to try 1-minute-chins again over x-mas holidays!

Franco

Open User Options Menu

RobT


At least it got me motivated to try 1-minute-chins again over x-mas holidays!

Franco



me too Franco- i'm going to put it into my routine for the next 4-6 weeks and try and get up to the 60/60 - really inspired by Vee's form there - just tried it and got 45/45 - great pump afterwards and found the last few inches of the positive the toughest part. Might need some rubber pads or something as the metal bar was cutting off the circulation to my fingers a bit though.

Rob
Open User Options Menu

Ellington Darden

I'm pretty sure Vee did the 60/60 chin at the end of his routine, rather than at the beginning. That makes what he did even more remarkable.

Ellington
Open User Options Menu

Ciccio

Ellington Darden wrote:
I'm pretty sure Vee did the 60/60 chin at the end of his routine, rather than at the beginning. That makes what he did even more remarkable.

Ellington


Indeed it does!

Franco
Open User Options Menu

STanner

Texas, USA

Ellington Darden wrote:
I'm pretty sure Vee did the 60/60 chin at the end of his routine, rather than at the beginning. That makes what he did even more remarkable.

Ellington


Dr. Darden,

As quoted by Bo regarding the rest of his routine:
"On that day he did (Leg Extension) before the 60 second chin.

After that he did 10 second negative chins: 2 reps at 165, 2 reps at 90, and 4 reps at 40.

The he did (Chest Press), (Med-X EXL) and (Leg Press)."

Vee weighs 210lbs.

Best,
Skyler
Open User Options Menu

cmg

STanner wrote:
Ellington Darden wrote:
I'm pretty sure Vee did the 60/60 chin at the end of his routine, rather than at the beginning. That makes what he did even more remarkable.

Ellington

Dr. Darden,

As quoted by Bo regarding the rest of his routine:
"On that day he did (Leg Extension) before the 60 second chin.

After that he did 10 second negative chins: 2 reps at 165, 2 reps at 90, and 4 reps at 40.

The he did (Chest Press), (Med-X EXL) and (Leg Press)."

Vee weighs 210lbs.

Best,
Skyler


Wow,

That is one tough routine. He is extremely strong and emphasises back quite a bit.

Regards,

Ron

Open User Options Menu

Ciccio

cmg wrote:
STanner wrote:
Ellington Darden wrote:
I'm pretty sure Vee did the 60/60 chin at the end of his routine, rather than at the beginning. That makes what he did even more remarkable.

Ellington

Dr. Darden,

As quoted by Bo regarding the rest of his routine:
"On that day he did (Leg Extension) before the 60 second chin.

After that he did 10 second negative chins: 2 reps at 165, 2 reps at 90, and 4 reps at 40.

The he did (Chest Press), (Med-X EXL) and (Leg Press)."

Vee weighs 210lbs.

Best,
Skyler


Wow,

That is one tough routine. He is extremely strong and emphasises back quite a bit.

Regards,

Ron



So, 5 exercises/sets total. Nice!
Somebody knows what is his typical frequency?

Franco


Open User Options Menu

Mark S

Quality video. Very impressive.
Open User Options Menu

STanner

Texas, USA

Ciccio wrote:

So, 5 exercises/sets total. Nice!
Somebody knows what is his typical frequency?

Franco



Once a week is how often he trains.
Open User Options Menu

Drew Baye

Florida, USA

Vee did a demo workout at the 2005 HIT seminar, and was very impressive. Great concentration, tremendous effort, and good form.
Open User Options Menu

Ciccio

STanner wrote:
Ciccio wrote:

So, 5 exercises/sets total. Nice!
Somebody knows what is his typical frequency?

Franco



Once a week is how often he trains.


Thanks, mate.

Franco
Open User Options Menu

Benjamin Dover

Drew Baye wrote:
Vee did a demo workout at the 2005 HIT seminar, and was very impressive. Great concentration, tremendous effort, and good form.


I was there too! Great video.
Open User Options Menu

cmg

STanner wrote:
Ellington Darden wrote:
I'm pretty sure Vee did the 60/60 chin at the end of his routine, rather than at the beginning. That makes what he did even more remarkable.

Ellington

Dr. Darden,

As quoted by Bo regarding the rest of his routine:
"On that day he did (Leg Extension) before the 60 second chin.

After that he did 10 second negative chins: 2 reps at 165, 2 reps at 90, and 4 reps at 40.

The he did (Chest Press), (Med-X EXL) and (Leg Press)."

Vee weighs 210lbs.

Best,
Skyler


Hello Skyler,

What is the Med-X EXL?

Thank you,


Ron

Open User Options Menu
H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy