MB Madaera
Lost 31.7 lbs fat
Built 11.7 lbs muscle


Chris Madaera
Built 9 lbs muscle


Keelan Parham
Lost 30 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle


Bob Marchesello
Lost 23.55 lbs fat
Built 8.55 lbs muscle


Jeff Turner
Lost 25.5 lbs fat


Jeanenne Darden
Lost 26 lbs fat
Built 3 lbs muscle


Ted Tucker
Lost 41 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle

 
 

Determine the Length of Your Workouts

Evaluate Your Progress

Keep Warm-Up in Perspective


ARCHIVES >>

"Doing more exercise with less intensity,"
Arthur Jones believes, "has all but
destroyed the actual great value
of weight training. Something
must be done . . . and quickly."
The New Bodybuilding for
Old-School Results supplies
MUCH of that "something."

 

This is one of 93 photos of Andy McCutcheon that are used in The New High-Intensity Training to illustrate the recommended exercises.

To find out more about McCutcheon and his training, click here.

 

Mission Statement

H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy

Privacy Policy

Credits

LOG IN FORUM MAIN REGISTER SEARCH
Jeff Turner's Fat Loss
First | Prev | 1 | 2
Author
Rating
Options

Ciccio

Hey Jeff,

maybe a bit late to comment but anyways: well done!

It seems you lost most of your fat from visceral sources (which seems to be a good thing if we trust medicine).
I always wonder how it is determinated where you store your fat (visceral vs. subcutaneos). Sure, genetics, but solely genetics?
I hear that regular beer drinkers tend to visceral (not to say that you're a drinker!). I also noticed that naturally "buff" guys tend to this more then tall and lanky guys (like myself) in general.
And if you see the later with more visceral fat they're almost always over 35 (at least) and have bad nutritional habbits, including too much beer/alcohol. So, at least from anecdotal evidence it seems we can influent this to some extend.
Well, sorry for getting too much off-topic here, just one question that rose in me when watching random people (and some friends) and seeing some medical reports on tv.

Regards,

Franco


Open User Options Menu

HIT

Norway

Still lean Mr. Turner?
Open User Options Menu

admnautilus

Washington, USA

HIT wrote:
Still lean Mr. Turner?


Hi HIT,
Yes, I am still lean. Truth be told I have gained a feww pounds back but not much. In fact I am now heading toward 180lbs. I started last Monday. I am shooting to be there by end of July. I still am wearing a 32" pant size which is my indicator of how I am doing. Thanks for asking though and keep training hard. Jeff
Open User Options Menu

admnautilus

Washington, USA

Ciccio wrote:
Hey Jeff,

maybe a bit late to comment but anyways: well done!

It seems you lost most of your fat from visceral sources (which seems to be a good thing if we trust medicine).
I always wonder how it is determinated where you store your fat (visceral vs. subcutaneos). Sure, genetics, but solely genetics?
I hear that regular beer drinkers tend to visceral (not to say that you're a drinker!). I also noticed that naturally "buff" guys tend to this more then tall and lanky guys (like myself) in general.
And if you see the later with more visceral fat they're almost always over 35 (at least) and have bad nutritional habbits, including too much beer/alcohol. So, at least from anecdotal evidence it seems we can influent this to some extend.
Well, sorry for getting too much off-topic here, just one question that rose in me when watching random people (and some friends) and seeing some medical reports on tv.

Regards,

Franco




Hi Franco, seems to make sense to me! I have noticed as we all have that as we age we do seem to add a lot of fat underneath the muscle in the abdominal area. My Dad has a small gut but very little fat that you can pinch. Seems most is deeper around organs. His stomach is as hard as a rock. Interesting. Jeff

Open User Options Menu

Elaikases

admnautilus wrote:
HIT wrote:
Still lean Mr. Turner?

Hi HIT,
Yes, I am still lean. Truth be told I have gained a feww pounds back but not much. In fact I am now heading toward 180lbs. I started last Monday.

I am shooting to be there by end of July. I still am wearing a 32" pant size which is my indicator of how I am doing. Thanks for asking though and keep training hard. Jeff


Isn't it neat to keep the weight off?

I was 245 (having topped out at 265), finally started really losing weight, got to 189 for a couple of years and have started to drift down a bit (I'm in the 170s now).

It is a great thing, like a new life.

Open User Options Menu

mamiche

I am extremely impressed by the results you can get from HIT. WOW! I read Dr. D book...

Now I am a woman, 31, in good shape but ready to take it to the next level. Are there specific books/guidelines ofr HIT Woman version?

Thanks
Open User Options Menu

Larry T

North Carolina, USA

mamiche wrote:
...Now I am a woman...


Err, Uhh... what were you before?
Open User Options Menu

Ellington Darden

mamiche wrote:
I am extremely impressed by the results you can get from HIT. WOW! I read Dr. D book...

Now I am a woman, 31, in good shape but ready to take it to the next level. Are there specific books/guidelines ofr HIT Woman version?

Thanks


See if you can find a copy of my book, "Body Defining." It explains the variations for women.

Ellington

Open User Options Menu

smacjan

Dr Darden,

I am curious about your nutritional advice. On this and many other threads you have clearly advocated a higher carb diet. In line with that you have indicated that the carb sources should be from low GI sources.

What I am still curious about though relates to starchy vs non-starchy sources.

Other publications advocate that certain people have metabolisms that do not metabolise carbs from starchy sources well and hence have insulin releases that increase hunger/craving and encourage gorging. For these types of people, non-starchy carb sources are advocated (especially through cruciferous vegetables).

What is your advice with respect to such concepts? Do you concur provided that the carb-protein-fat proportions are maintained or rather that there is still a need for carbs to come from starchy sources (including grains, potatoes, pasta etc).

Cheers

Scott
Open User Options Menu

Ellington Darden

Scott,

It is correct that some people have problems with certain carbohydrates. If you feel that such nutritional guidelines are appropriate for you, then give them a try.

Ellington
Open User Options Menu
First | Previous | 1 | 2
Administrators Online: Ellington Darden
H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy