MB Madaera
Lost 31.7 lbs fat
Built 11.7 lbs muscle


Chris Madaera
Built 9 lbs muscle


Keelan Parham
Lost 30 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle


Bob Marchesello
Lost 23.55 lbs fat
Built 8.55 lbs muscle


Jeff Turner
Lost 25.5 lbs fat


Jeanenne Darden
Lost 26 lbs fat
Built 3 lbs muscle


Ted Tucker
Lost 41 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle

 
 

Determine the Length of Your Workouts

Evaluate Your Progress

Keep Warm-Up in Perspective


ARCHIVES >>

"Doing more exercise with less intensity,"
Arthur Jones believes, "has all but
destroyed the actual great value
of weight training. Something
must be done . . . and quickly."
The New Bodybuilding for
Old-School Results supplies
MUCH of that "something."

 

This is one of 93 photos of Andy McCutcheon that are used in The New High-Intensity Training to illustrate the recommended exercises.

To find out more about McCutcheon and his training, click here.

 

Mission Statement

H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy

Privacy Policy

Credits

LOG IN FORUM MAIN REGISTER SEARCH
Arnold to Publish Memoir
1 | 2 | Next | Last
Author
Rating
Options

Tony Williams

From "The New York Times":

September 22, 2011

Schwarzenegger to Publish Memoir
By JULIE BOSMAN

Arnold Schwarzenegger has led a life that is made for storytelling: Austrian immigrant comes to the United States as an elite bodybuilder, gains fame and wealth as an international movie star, marries a Kennedy and, even more improbably, is elected governor of California.

Now Mr. Schwarzenegger, 64, is promising to write about his experiences in a memoir, expected to land in bookstores in October 2012.

Simon & Schuster announced on Thursday that it had acquired world rights to Mr. Schwarzenegger's book, tentatively titled "Total Recall."

How much Mr. Schwarzenegger will tell about his life is unknown. Simon & Schuster said the book would discuss Mr. Schwarzenegger's early journey to the United States and his careers in bodybuilding, moviemaking and politics.

A spokeswoman for Simon & Schuster declined to comment on whether Mr. Schwarzenegger would discuss his steroid use during his bodybuilding days or his infidelities while married to Maria Shriver. The couple separated earlier this year after 25 years of marriage when Mr. Schwarzenegger acknowledged he had fathered a child with a former household employee.

Publishing executives said that the book would almost certainly be a big seller in the United States and abroad, but it could hit a sour note with women who find him unsympathetic and lacking credibility.

Simon & Schuster described it as "one of the most anticipated autobiographies of this generation," a "larger-than-life portrait of his illustrious, controversial and ever-entertaining life in and out of the public eye."

"Truly, Arnold is one of the most fascinating figures of our time, and one of the greatest success stories in the world," Jonathan Karp, the publisher of Simon & Schuster, said in a statement. "Nobody has a life story even close to his."

Mr. Schwarzenegger began working on the book in 2010, though discussions of a deal began at least one year earlier, according to a person with knowledge of the talks.

He is working with a co-writer, Peter Petre, former executive editor of Fortune and the co-author of highly regarded autobiographies of Alan Greenspan and Norman Schwarzkopf.

Mr. Petre's involvement was one sign that the book could achieve some of the success that recent autobiographies have enjoyed. The memoir by Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones, titled "Life", sold extremely well and was praised by critics ? partly because of the storytelling skills of his co-writer, James Fox.

Mr. Schwarzenegger's previous books on bodybuilding have been solid sellers for decades. "The Education of a Bodybuilder", also published by Simon & Schuster, has never been out of print since it was released in 1977. His "Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding", first released in hardcover in 1987, is a mainstay of the Simon & Schuster backlist. It sells for $59.99 in hardcover.

Simon & Schuster is expected to sell the book to foreign publishers during the upcoming Frankfurt Book Fair. The German and Dutch rights have already been sold, the publisher said.

Tracey Guest, a spokeswoman for Simon & Schuster, said there was no announced first printing yet, but they "expect the first printing and initial e-book sales to be completely commensurate with the worldwide attention and interest that Schwarzenegger commands."
Open User Options Menu

db144

Two words. Ghost Writer.


d
Open User Options Menu

krazy kaju

This guy never gets enough attention, does he?
Open User Options Menu

EricB

Missouri, USA

I would really enjoy this if Arnold truly came clean about everything. He's the one person that knows where the bodies are buried in bodybuilding and has nothing to lose financially by coming clean.
Open User Options Menu

DNAHelix

New York, USA

Oh yeah! Definitely, definitely take that book home.

P.S. To all of you obsessed with the AAS topic - grow up.
Open User Options Menu

Tony Williams

krazy kaju wrote:
This guy never gets enough attention, does he?


No.

It's like oxygen to him.

Tony
Open User Options Menu

entsminger

Virginia, USA

kulitsa wrote:
Oh yeah! Definitely, definitely take that book home.

P.S. To all of you obsessed with the AAS topic - grow up.


==Scott==
What's the AAS topic?
Open User Options Menu

Zabo

Arnold's hunger after attention is a disease.It is a mental sickness.And again as usual,he will bullshit in this book.Arnold is one of the smartest bullshiters of modern times.
Open User Options Menu

entsminger

Virginia, USA

Zabo wrote:
Arnold's hunger after attention is a disease.It is a mental sickness.And again as usual,he will bullshit in this book.Arnold is one of the smartest bullshiters of modern times.


==Scott==
Hey Zabo, how's the abs these days?? ha hah.
Open User Options Menu

Tony Williams

Vanity Fair interview with Arnold about the California economy:

"I'm not into the local stuff. I was made for the world."

His impulsiveness is chronicled beautifully by (Michael) Lewis, who goes into detail about the ways in which Schwarzenegger recklessly rides his bicycle around Santa Monica and Venice Beach - running red lights, darting in and out of lanes; but Schwarzenegger demonstrates this even better when recalling how he decided to run for governor while en route to The Tonight Show With Jay Leno (and after telling everyone, including his wife, that he was not going to run):

"I just thought, This will freak everyone out. It'll be so funny. I'll announce that I'm running. I told Leno I was running. And two months later I was governor.

"What the fuck is that? All these people are asking me, 'What's your plan? Who's on your staff?' I didn't have a plan. I didn't have a staff. I wasn't running until I went on Jay Leno."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/...1_lnk3%7C100455

I guess the real joke was on the California voters. Check the deficit when Gray Davis left and when Arnold left.

Open User Options Menu

NewYorker

New York, USA

Tony Williams wrote:
Vanity Fair interview with Arnold about the California economy:

"I'm not into the local stuff. I was made for the world."

His impulsiveness is chronicled beautifully by (Michael) Lewis, who goes into detail about the ways in which Schwarzenegger recklessly rides his bicycle around Santa Monica and Venice Beach - running red lights, darting in and out of lanes; but Schwarzenegger demonstrates this even better when recalling how he decided to run for governor while en route to The Tonight Show With Jay Leno (and after telling everyone, including his wife, that he was not going to run):

"I just thought, This will freak everyone out. It'll be so funny. I'll announce that I'm running. I told Leno I was running. And two months later I was governor.

"What the fuck is that? All these people are asking me, 'What's your plan? Who's on your staff?' I didn't have a plan. I didn't have a staff. I wasn't running until I went on Jay Leno."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/...1_lnk3%7C100455

I guess the real joke was on the California voters. Check the deficit when Gray Davis left and when Arnold left.



Wow. interesting stuff.
Open User Options Menu

Tony Williams

Arnold wearing his "I Survived Maria" T-shirt:

http://www.usmagazine.com/...-t-shirt-201188
Open User Options Menu

DNAHelix

New York, USA

entsminger wrote:
kulitsa wrote:
Oh yeah! Definitely, definitely take that book home.

P.S. To all of you obsessed with the AAS topic - grow up.

==Scott==
What's the AAS topic?


Scott,

AAS - anabolic androgenic steroids. In here someone always brings it up. It is annoying, do we have nothing else to talk about? People in here envy the guy, they envy the fact that unlike themselves he was prepared to do anything to get to where he was going. So in a way, picking on Arnold is getting old.

How about all the people from the pages of Darden's books come clean about AAS? That would be much more interesting as well as it would finally explain unbelievable success of HIT training principles.

Open User Options Menu

DNAHelix

New York, USA

Tony Williams wrote:
Arnold wearing his "I Survived Maria" T-shirt:

http://www.usmagazine.com/...-201188


Public is always quick to criticize men for everything.

To anyone out there - before you accuse another male take a look at female modus operandi.
Open User Options Menu

Tony Williams

kulitsa wrote:
Tony Williams wrote:
Arnold wearing his "I Survived Maria" T-shirt:

http://www.usmagazine.com/...-t-shirt-201188

Public is always quick to criticize men for everything.

To anyone out there - before you accuse another male take a look at female modus operandi.


Specifically, what do you think Maria's "modus operandi" is ... or was?

She is a Kennedy (Her mother was John and Robert Kennedy's sister). Maria's father was the first head of the Peace Corps and ran for president. She had money and was a successful reporter and later an anchor on NBC, yet she gave up her career for Arnold and became First Lady of California.

What did Maria have to gain?

Why do you suppose she married him ... other than love?

Tony
Open User Options Menu

NewYorker

New York, USA

kulitsa wrote:
entsminger wrote:
kulitsa wrote:
Oh yeah! Definitely, definitely take that book home.

P.S. To all of you obsessed with the AAS topic - grow up.

==Scott==
What's the AAS topic?

Scott,

AAS - anabolic androgenic steroids. In here someone always brings it up. It is annoying, do we have nothing else to talk about? People in here envy the guy, they envy the fact that unlike themselves he was prepared to do anything to get to where he was going. So in a way, picking on Arnold is getting old.

How about all the people from the pages of Darden's books come clean about AAS? That would be much more interesting as well as it would finally explain unbelievable success of HIT training principles.



Personally, I can't judge him. But, I would like to hear about his steroid use simply because it would be useful for others to gain from his experiences.

As far as the case studies in Dr. Darden's books, I respectfully disagree with your skepticism. I have never noticed any attempt at dishonesty. As a matter of fact 20 or 30 years later many of his findings have made their way into the mainstream: 8 to 12 reps, 1 set per major muscle group, intense sets, 2 or 3 days per week whole body, controlled movement speed etc.

If you look at some of the other stuff that people present. It is riddled with pseudo-scientific babble. Most coaches and physical trainers offer advice that is best ignored. You would be far batter served to simply follow government guidelines.

Open User Options Menu

DNAHelix

New York, USA

Tony Williams wrote:
kulitsa wrote:
Tony Williams wrote:
Arnold wearing his "I Survived Maria" T-shirt:

http://www.usmagazine.com/...-t-shirt-201188

Public is always quick to criticize men for everything.

To anyone out there - before you accuse another male take a look at female modus operandi.


Specifically, what do you think Maria's "modus operandi" is ... or was?

She is a Kennedy (Her mother was John and Robert Kennedy's sister). Maria's father was the first head of the Peace Corps and ran for president. She had money and was a successful reporter and later an anchor on NBC, yet she gave up her career for Arnold and became First Lady of California.

What did Maria have to gain?

Why do you suppose she married him ... other than love?

Tony


Tony with all due respect, I do not like when public blames men for everything. This blame-men-for-all stupidity annoys me.

Also, I did not say anything about Maria or her family.

P.S. Calm down.
Open User Options Menu

DNAHelix

New York, USA

NewYorker wrote:
Personally, I can't judge him. But, I would like to hear about his steroid use simply because it would be useful for others to gain from his experiences.


Why would they need his opinion? Is he an unbiased medical professional who can explain true benefit-to-risk ratios of AAS?


As far as the case studies in Dr. Darden's books, I respectfully disagree with your skepticism.


Again, with all due respect, allow me to ask you: Did you read attentively what I have said?

I did not say that Dr. Darden's system is not effective. Look through all my threads, i have stated multiple times that I have used his advice to much success and allow me to tell you to significant gains in the past.

My point is, even using Dr.Darden's system it is unrealistic to build 19-20' biceps. Unless you are trying to tell me that Oliva, Mentzer and others from those pages have built it just by super hydrating and eating three meals a day!?
Open User Options Menu

Tony Williams

kulitsa wrote:
Tony Williams wrote:
kulitsa wrote:
Tony Williams wrote:
Arnold wearing his "I Survived Maria" T-shirt:

http://www.usmagazine.com/...-t-shirt-201188

Public is always quick to criticize men for everything.

To anyone out there - before you accuse another male take a look at female modus operandi.


Specifically, what do you think Maria's "modus operandi" is ... or was?

She is a Kennedy (Her mother was John and Robert Kennedy's sister). Maria's father was the first head of the Peace Corps and ran for president. She had money and was a successful reporter and later an anchor on NBC, yet she gave up her career for Arnold and became First Lady of California.

What did Maria have to gain?

Why do you suppose she married him ... other than love?

Tony


Tony with all due respect, I do not like when public blames men for everything. This blame-men-for-all stupidity annoys me.

Also, I did not say anything about Maria or her family.

P.S. Calm down.


The "public blames men for everything."

I have no earthly idea what you are referring to. You cite no examples. You simply make a generalized, blanket statement.

You did state "before you accuse another male take a look at female modus operandi."

What do you mean by "female modus operandi."

The only male in question is Arnold, and the only female is Maria.

Do you think Arnold is being blamed or singled out for something because he is a male or for something he did not do?

If so, what is it?

Tony
Open User Options Menu

Tony Williams

kulitsa wrote:
NewYorker wrote:
Personally, I can't judge him. But, I would like to hear about his steroid use simply because it would be useful for others to gain from his experiences.


Why would they need his opinion? Is he an unbiased medical professional who can explain true benefit-to-risk ratios of AAS?


As far as the case studies in Dr. Darden's books, I respectfully disagree with your skepticism.


Again, with all due respect, allow me to ask you: Did you read attentively what I have said?

I did not say that Dr. Darden's system is not effective. Look through all my threads, i have stated multiple times that I have used his advice to much success and allow me to tell you to significant gains in the past.

My point is, even using Dr.Darden's system it is unrealistic to build 19-20' biceps. Unless you are trying to tell me that Oliva, Mentzer and others from those pages have built it just by super hydrating and eating three meals a day!?


Never have I read anywhere, including Dr. Darden's books and his posts, ever claim that his methods would build 19- or 20-inch biceps with Dr. Darden's methods.

That's absurd.

In fact, Darden's books often cover at length the genetic factors involved which limit muscle size.

Where do you come up with all this nonsense?

Tony
Open User Options Menu

krazy kaju

kulitsa wrote:
entsminger wrote:
kulitsa wrote:
Oh yeah! Definitely, definitely take that book home.

P.S. To all of you obsessed with the AAS topic - grow up.

==Scott==
What's the AAS topic?

Scott,

AAS - anabolic androgenic steroids. In here someone always brings it up. It is annoying, do we have nothing else to talk about? People in here envy the guy, they envy the fact that unlike themselves he was prepared to do anything to get to where he was going. So in a way, picking on Arnold is getting old.

How about all the people from the pages of Darden's books come clean about AAS? That would be much more interesting as well as it would finally explain unbelievable success of HIT training principles.



YOU have brought up AAS quite a few times in previous threads and, ironically, you have been the ONLY one to bring it up in this thread.
Open User Options Menu

krazy kaju

NewYorker wrote:

Personally, I can't judge him. But, I would like to hear about his steroid use simply because it would be useful for others to gain from his experiences.


Test + Deca + Dbol

Rumors are he popped dbol like candy. And he was a huge fan of primo. Now you know.

If you look at some of the other stuff that people present. It is riddled with pseudo-scientific babble. Most coaches and physical trainers offer advice that is best ignored. You would be far batter served to simply follow government guidelines.

What exactly makes government immune from "pseudo-scientific" babble? Nothing.
Open User Options Menu

Tony Williams

kulitsa wrote:
entsminger wrote:
kulitsa wrote:
Oh yeah! Definitely, definitely take that book home.

P.S. To all of you obsessed with the AAS topic - grow up.

==Scott==
What's the AAS topic?

Scott,

AAS - anabolic androgenic steroids. In here someone always brings it up. It is annoying, do we have nothing else to talk about? People in here envy the guy, they envy the fact that unlike themselves he was prepared to do anything to get to where he was going. So in a way, picking on Arnold is getting old.

How about all the people from the pages of Darden's books come clean about AAS? That would be much more interesting as well as it would finally explain unbelievable success of HIT training principles.



What people are you talking about from Dr. Darden's books?

As far as Arnold, doing anything to get to where he was going is part of his problem. The ends do not justify the means.

As for me, I don't envy Arnold at all. I just think he is sort of pathetic.

Tony
Open User Options Menu

DNAHelix

New York, USA

krazy kaju wrote:
kulitsa wrote:
entsminger wrote:
kulitsa wrote:
Oh yeah! Definitely, definitely take that book home.

P.S. To all of you obsessed with the AAS topic - grow up.

==Scott==
What's the AAS topic?

Scott,

AAS - anabolic androgenic steroids. In here someone always brings it up. It is annoying, do we have nothing else to talk about? People in here envy the guy, they envy the fact that unlike themselves he was prepared to do anything to get to where he was going. So in a way, picking on Arnold is getting old.

How about all the people from the pages of Darden's books come clean about AAS? That would be much more interesting as well as it would finally explain unbelievable success of HIT training principles.



YOU have brought up AAS quite a few times in previous threads and, ironically, you have been the ONLY one to bring it up in this thread.


True, I did, because too often in here people talk about the "top of the iceberg" only.

I did not bring it up in this thread, read it again - attentively.


Open User Options Menu

DNAHelix

New York, USA

Tony Williams wrote:
kulitsa wrote:
entsminger wrote:
kulitsa wrote:
Oh yeah! Definitely, definitely take that book home.

P.S. To all of you obsessed with the AAS topic - grow up.

==Scott==
What's the AAS topic?

Scott,

AAS - anabolic androgenic steroids. In here someone always brings it up. It is annoying, do we have nothing else to talk about? People in here envy the guy, they envy the fact that unlike themselves he was prepared to do anything to get to where he was going. So in a way, picking on Arnold is getting old.

How about all the people from the pages of Darden's books come clean about AAS? That would be much more interesting as well as it would finally explain unbelievable success of HIT training principles.



What people are you talking about from Dr. Darden's books?

As far as Arnold, doing anything to get to where he was going is part of his problem. The ends do not justify the means.

As for me, I don't envy Arnold at all. I just think he is sort of pathetic.

Tony


Tony,

Apparently you have not yet developed abstract thinking, hence any further conversation with you will be the waste of my time.

Good luck

Albert
Open User Options Menu
1 | 2 | Next | Last
H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy