MB Madaera
Lost 31.7 lbs fat
Built 11.7 lbs muscle


Chris Madaera
Built 9 lbs muscle


Keelan Parham
Lost 30 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle


Bob Marchesello
Lost 23.55 lbs fat
Built 8.55 lbs muscle


Jeff Turner
Lost 25.5 lbs fat


Jeanenne Darden
Lost 26 lbs fat
Built 3 lbs muscle


Ted Tucker
Lost 41 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle

 
 

Determine the Length of Your Workouts

Evaluate Your Progress

Keep Warm-Up in Perspective


ARCHIVES >>

"Doing more exercise with less intensity,"
Arthur Jones believes, "has all but
destroyed the actual great value
of weight training. Something
must be done . . . and quickly."
The New Bodybuilding for
Old-School Results supplies
MUCH of that "something."

 

This is one of 93 photos of Andy McCutcheon that are used in The New High-Intensity Training to illustrate the recommended exercises.

To find out more about McCutcheon and his training, click here.

 

Mission Statement

H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy

Privacy Policy

Credits

LOG IN FORUM MAIN REGISTER SEARCH
Fat Loss --- 2019
First | Prev | 1 | 2
Author
Rating
Options

ATP 4 Vitality

hit4me wrote:
ATP 4 Vitality wrote:


I am not anti-bread, sugar or potato either....but my gut is



Yes, but that is you. Many are quite ok with sugar, bread, and potatoes. There is no evidence of any inherent danger of consuming such items. I have a time digesting cheese, but that in no way is evidence that consuming cheese is deleterious to health.






don't be so dismissive, open the mind and take in all ideas and decipher what works best for your bodies health


I dismiss ideas not based on facts and/or logic.

https://health.spectator.co.uk/...orted-evidence/
Open User Options Menu

Gainz

Here is a very thought provoking presentation from an Australian doctor which could change the way you view dietary fibre

https://youtu.be/xqUO4P9ADI0
Open User Options Menu

Nwlifter

ATP 4 Vitality wrote:
Nwlifter wrote:
First post confuses me...
Your posting how losing weight, yes, is helpful for T2 diabetes?
That low calorie diets , yes, are also helpful?
And then weight training books that..?

1)

Sorry

2)

Yes

3)

Yes, VLCD

4)

Should follow the recent research of VLCD. Resistance training books that sell advice on losing fat that is.


no worries,
ok yes, read a lot on that.
Dr. Taylor's research at Newcastle University really got all this started, he has a couple great papers on it.

Open User Options Menu

Average Al

ATP 4 Vitality wrote:
@ Al,

The 8 week sugar diet is 8 weeks in duration


That seems like a long time to go hungry.

Open User Options Menu

hit4me

Florida, USA

ATP 4 Vitality wrote:
hit4me wrote:
ATP 4 Vitality wrote:


I am not anti-bread, sugar or potato either....but my gut is



Yes, but that is you. Many are quite ok with sugar, bread, and potatoes. There is no evidence of any inherent danger of consuming such items. I have a time digesting cheese, but that in no way is evidence that consuming cheese is deleterious to health.






don't be so dismissive, open the mind and take in all ideas and decipher what works best for your bodies health


I dismiss ideas not based on facts and/or logic.

https://health.spectator.co.uk/...idence/


you dismiss ideas that don't fit your beliefs....that has been proven in your many posts on different subjects of discussion thru-out this site....but thats ok, you are allowed to think that way
Open User Options Menu

ATP 4 Vitality

Average Al wrote:
ATP 4 Vitality wrote:
@ Al,

The 8 week sugar diet is 8 weeks in duration


That seems like a long time to go hungry.



Or be obese
Open User Options Menu

entsminger

Virginia, USA

Average Al wrote:
ATP 4 Vitality wrote:
@ Al,

The 8 week sugar diet is 8 weeks in duration


That seems like a long time to go hungry.



== Scott ==
Another and probably one of the best reasons to do cardio work is instead of starving all the time and not eating the stuff you really want to eat you just up your cardio work. I tend to lean to Somewhere between endo and messo. I?m no ectormorph by any means and when I want you lose some weight I just do more cardio. When I was doing triathlons I could eat anything I wanted and not gain an ounce!
Open User Options Menu

ATP 4 Vitality

hit4me wrote:
ATP 4 Vitality wrote:

you dismiss ideas that don't fit your beliefs..




You misrepresent my views!

Man is an omnivore and can survive and even prosper on a wide range of food. I'm not a low carb advocate. I've yet to see any facts of the deleterious effects of carbs. Soon, Dr. Darden will give more examples of high carb diet successes. Maybe it is you who should be more open minded.

..that has been proven in your many posts on different subjects of discussion thru-out this site



This web site already has a custodian, and who needs your judgmental custodial services here.



....but thats ok, you are allowed to think that way


As you say!
Open User Options Menu

hit4me

Florida, USA

ATP 4 Vitality wrote:
hit4me wrote:
ATP 4 Vitality wrote:

you dismiss ideas that don't fit your beliefs..




You misrepresent my views!

Man is an omnivore and can survive and even prosper on a wide range of food. I'm not a low carb advocate. I've yet to see any facts of the deleterious effects of carbs. Soon, Dr. Darden will give more examples of high carb diet successes. Maybe it is you who should be more open minded.

..that has been proven in your many posts on different subjects of discussion thru-out this site


This web site already has a custodian, and who needs your judgmental custodial services here.



....but thats ok, you are allowed to think that way


As you say!


there are tons of new studies from the medical field, cardiologists and testimonials of numerous individuals who have benefited from a low carb or no carb lifestyle (i.e. processed carbs)?.and there are tons of studies that have indicated high carb, low fat and low protein diets are beneficial...my point in all of this each individual should study both methods and experiment to find what is most beneficial to them

I have performed the high carb lifestyle and found that it is not beneficial to me, therefore, this is one area I cannot follow from Dr. Darden, and I personally know numerous individuals who also cannot follow the high carb lifestyle.....then again, I know many people who eat nothing but carbs and feel good about it


so, who is open minded and who is not???


no being judgemental here, just offering opposing view points to your one sided propaganda
Open User Options Menu

ATP 4 Vitality

Nwlifter wrote:
ATP 4 Vitality wrote:

Dr. Taylor's research at Newcastle University really got all this started, he has a couple great papers on it.



The Newcastle diet is thought provoking.

(800 calories per day)
3 liquid meal replacements per day
600 calories
daily vitamins and mineral requirements
non-starchy vegetables each day for fiber
200 calories
3 liter of water each day



P.S. where oh where is Dardens Perfect Score?
Open User Options Menu

Average Al

ATP 4 Vitality wrote:
Average Al wrote:
ATP 4 Vitality wrote:
@ Al,

The 8 week sugar diet is 8 weeks in duration

That seems like a long time to go hungry.

Or be obese


The biggest reason that diets fail is lack of compliance. 800 calories a day is not much food for an average size human, and is likely a tiny fraction of what an obese human was eating. So that hypothetical obese person is likely to feel very deprived, and very hungry after being on that diet for a week or more. To last 8 weeks would require a huge degree of willpower or motivation.

I have no doubt it would produce dramatic weight loss, and probably clear up a lot of metabolic issues. But I would expect lots of people to fail at the diet for lack of compliance. That was the main point of my comment.

Open User Options Menu

ATP 4 Vitality

Average Al wrote:
ATP 4 Vitality wrote:
Average Al wrote:
ATP 4 Vitality wrote:
@ Al,

The 8 week sugar diet is 8 weeks in duration

That seems like a long time to go hungry.

Or be obese

The biggest reason that diets fail is lack of compliance. 800 calories a day is not much food for an average size human, and is likely a tiny fraction of what an obese human was eating. So that hypothetical obese person is likely to feel very deprived, and very hungry after being on that diet for a week or more. To last 8 weeks would require a huge degree of willpower or motivation.

I have no doubt it would produce dramatic weight loss, and probably clear up a lot of metabolic issues. But I would expect lots of people to fail at the diet for lack of compliance. That was the main point of my comment.


Great post
Open User Options Menu

entsminger

Virginia, USA

== Scott==
I think any diet that limits you to 800 or even 1400 over a period of weeks is doomed to fail because a normal human can?t stay on something like that for very long regardless if they lost 100 pounds . Yea, one can lose loads of weight if they starve them selves for a while but you can be sure they will gain it right back once the diet stops . In my opinion the diet needs to be gradual and something a person can eventually stay on forever. Trying these crash lose 30 pounds in 8 weeks or whatever is insane. A reasonable reduction in what is eaten ( especially throwing out some but not all junk) and an implimentation of a exercise routine like cycling , running , swimming or whatever burns more calories for you. I think the important thing is that you can eat some of the junk you like, you just need to reduce the amount. If you think you can never have another snickers bar you will obsess over that and be miserable . People just generally eat way to much. Cut back some but not to the starving/ craving point.
Open User Options Menu

ATP 4 Vitality

@ Scott

Please read about the question you raised. The answer is there.
Open User Options Menu

Nwlifter

Just to note, the Newcastle diet isn't part of the main 'fat loss' discussion theme of this thread. It's not a diet 'like that'. It's a short term medically supervised intervention so to speak, simulating the diet used before bariatric surgery, with the sole intention of rapid organ fat removal to improve blood sugar control of type 2 diabetics. Even the study author suggest if anyone wants to simulate these effects on their own, not to use that low of calories, and to take it slower and more gentle. They used severe levels of negative calories in the study so the effects would happen fast, 'within the study period's window' of time.
Open User Options Menu

ATP 4 Vitality

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/...lorie-diet.html
Open User Options Menu
First | Previous | 1 | 2
Administrators Online: Ellington Darden
H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy